Friday, April 17, 2015

CrypticRock.com - That is very true. Joe


The most believable actors are the ones who play their roles so well that it is difficult to tell what is fiction or reality. Montana born rugged-looking actor Jeff Kober has made a career of bringing such characters to life for nearly engelking three decades. Cast for roles fitting to his demeanor, Kober’s intense tone has fit into Thriller, Horror, as well as even the Comedy engelking genre, having seen roles in a list of television shows and films such as the ’80s series China Beach , 2003 film A Man Apart , 2007′s The Hills Have Eyes II , and most recently AMC’s mega-hit The Walking Dead . Taking on the role of a mysterious man named Joe who lived by his own code that has kept him alive in a Post-Apocalyptic world, Kober brought a villain to life in an extraordinary fashion that had fans applauding his performance. Recently we sat down with the laid back Kober for a look into his acting career, his time on The Walking Dead , inspirations, and much more.
Jeff Kober - I was in a band that broke up and I was in a really hard time in my life. I wanted to go to a class, a friend of mine thought that I would enjoy an acting class, so I went for the acting class. In the class, everything engelking that was inside, they told me to bring it out. It was actually appreciated. It was what I was meant to be doing.
CrypticRock.com - That is great that you found that new creative outlet, and you have been very good at it obviously. Now perhaps one of your most recognized engelking roles was in the Vietnam war series, engelking China Beach. What was that role like for you?
Jeff Kober - It was kind of perfect for me. The character was almost as screwed up as I was. So I got to go and put all of that on film, it was fantastic. The series lasted about three and a half years; four seasons, counting the first season. In the first season, I was in seven episodes - the pilot and six episodes. I was a guest star, and then they made me a series regular. I was very fortunate to be part of that. Warner Bros Television Warner Bros Television
Jeff Kober - I read for it. I guess my idea of who the character was is the one they liked. I do not know how many people read for it, but I know the casting directors; I had read for them before. I was just lucky. engelking That character was just me though, in very extraordinary engelking circumstances. It was so well-written, it was really easy for me to bring life to it.
CrypticRock.com - That is very true. Joe’s character lasted four episodes of The Walking Dead . Did you know going into it that you would have limited time to bring Joe to life, and did you feel pressure that you had a limited time to bring Joe to life? Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus), engelking and Jeff Kober – The Walking Dead _ Season 4, Episode engelking 15 – Photo Credit: Gene Page/AMC
Jeff Kober - I did know, and no I did not feel pressure because if you really engelking take this job seriously, then you do your homework. In the homework you have to take on the circumstances of the character and the circumstances is, “I’m living in a world that is over. It is Post-Apocalyptic. Everyone engelking has the virus. We are all dead. What are you gonna do?” The script tells me what I am going to do, so I make that real for myself and then I live it out. So, it does not matter if you are living it out in two scenes or four episodes. You are living it out fully. Any human has a back story. If they are expressive of it, then you can look at them and tell who they are.
CrypticRock.com - Yes, it would have been interesting to hear about Joe’s back-story a little engelking more. Did you create a back story for yourself engelking as Joe? Such as, this is what Joe went through, this is why Joe is where he is?
Jeff Kober - Yes, you have to. You have to make sense of it for yourself. So you do enough work that you stop questioning what you are doing and you just take it on. If you really accept the circumstances, it is so overwhelming that none of us really know what we would do. So when the script says this is what you do, you think, “Oh, okay. I can get behind that, because it makes sense.” It is probably not the way that I would go, but I could easily see someone going that way.
Jeff Kober - Exactly! You know, people have been coming engelking up regarding Joe’s character engelking and said, “I understood your point of view. It made sense to me.” Jeff Kober, Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus) and Davi Jay – The Walking Dead _ Season 4, Episode 15 – Photo Credit: Gene Page/AMC
Jeff engelking Kober - The cast and crew were the best I have worked with in a long time. They are all so supportive and they are working together to make a good product. engelking They are also very grateful to be apart of it and that is really a pleasure to work with.
Jeff Kober - Montgomery Clift was an early influence on me. I watched him in Red River (1948) and The Misfits (1961) . He was a fantastic actor who always brought so much light to his roles. Also, my teac

No comments:

Post a Comment