Thursday, October 9, 2014

On Friday, after delivering the semester 1 of 2, I was happy and easy. NAMR and I went shopping and


just woke up, about an hour late. Sometimes, I can not set the clock. ie; Sometimes I manage interphone tribe to set it but not "save changes", and tonight I managed apparently to make, but do not turn it on? twist. so I was awake now, extra tired and with a kind of nightmare in mind. I can not remember what it was talking about, but something uncomfortable in the least. already forgot unpleasantness always sit in a little longer than you remember. perhaps because interphone tribe it is even more unpleasant to remember that something was uncomfortable, but to remember exactly what it was. if one remembers one may just rationalize it away and laugh a little of it. haha, what a stupid dream like. but it is forgotten, it is only a discomfort that gets into the body, somewhere behind the ribs, and rodent.
On Friday, after delivering the semester 1 of 2, I was happy and easy. NAMR and I went shopping and wine purchases, interphone tribe shared interphone tribe a falaffelmiddag interphone tribe Habibi take-away and went home (for believe me, one (and yes, I know that strictly speaking is incorrect to write one accented Aigues, but I like it that way ) falaffelmiddag long lasting for two! Maybe not if you are familiar with TGI-Friday's calorie bombs of some hamburgers, but it is well none of us, so it was a non-issue). Without getting time to power nap, battles I some coffee instead, and three and a half hours later we were at the CocoRosie concert at Cosmopolite, now situated not in Møllergata that the last time I was there (and when was it exactly? Bright Eyes spring 07 (the Tromsø folk who would later recognize me as the record company employee I once was), or no, of course, Anna Järvinen by: Larm 08, voices) but Torshov, the building with the nice and appropriate name Soria Moria. interphone tribe
And cocorosieland is a bit like Soria Moria. It is a fairytale place, where all sorts of things can exist. Children, play and play instruments go hand in hand with trans gender, sexuality and politics. It's hip-hop beats and piano, interphone tribe Sierras classically trained vocal and Bianca's child-like Billie Holidayske vote (people say on the internet), interphone tribe animal sounds and chimes, it is "life is like a roller interphone tribe coaster" and "i wanna give you my milk" and "pimps and queens and criminal queers. " Bianca on stage with painted mustache over shiny red lips, saggy pants, marijuana Bandana and rasta braid wig (and a purple velurkappe), Sierra with white tennis socks (as called for in the damn ultraviolet light. Should have been reserved for the stage and only it), jeans with white paint stains, a seemingly pink summer dress in which one side was stuffed in jean pocket, a pink apron with pattern (birds? flowers? animals?) and a spiky dreadshår a wig. kjønnsrollelek, performativity, pop and art. Video Collage on the screen behind, Bianca Lefler with a silver Mac, Sierra interphone tribe lets her fingers over harp need and piano keys. Organic and digitally.
And so fundamentally different than when I last saw them at Rockefeller autumn 07 when they toured with Ghost Horse and Stillborn material is still fresh, and far darker and unapproachable, more theatrical, I was ecstatic and impressed (despite rabrekkinga of Werewolf destroyed bit). This time, in a room with plenty of space despite the fact that it was sold out, and a scene it was easy to see from anywhere in the room, and enthusiastic people who absolutely would not let go of CocoRosie onstage, after a journey through new songs and old acquaintances, and a wonderful version of Japan where the audience was encouraged interphone tribe to create jungle sounds and sing along, I was finally completely ecstatic (and the capital letters make all the difference really). Maybe it was the atmosphere, that I until Thursday evening thought I was not going to the concert, that I had delivered a task and then summer holidays interphone tribe close up soon, I had a beer in his hand, that all looked the lead was more intimate and I stood closer and they were so different, more present, interphone tribe more playful, perhaps everything.
But I have seen a few concerts now, and can hand on heart say that this comes high on the list. Up there, with Laleh in Blue in March 07, CocoRosie at Rockefeller Fall 07 (before the disfiguring Werewolf as an encore), Joanna Newsom April 07 (and this will, in other words, that 07 was the year of great concerts), Patti Smith Gulf 08 (mood, I say only: mood) and I realize that I only list the girls now, so undemocratic. But Iron & Wine at Rockefeller Jan. 08 was disappointing, and Tom McRae Society in 06 is too far away (in many ways), and I can not think of other concerts that touched me so much. Maybe I just have a selective memory. The point is certainly interphone tribe that this ends up very high on the list. Perhaps at the top, by virtue of being the freshest. It was an adventure interphone tribe party. The evening could not have started better, that my shoes were full of red wine stains pales in comparison, and perhaps that was why I later ran toward the playground equipment in the backyard of Casa Camper and rocked back and f

No comments:

Post a Comment