Friday, January 10, 2014

I think no two countries have worked harder, do more and do better to try to come together, to chan


I think the opportunity is great for the future. If properly focused on the openness and freedom of society, respect for human right and their rights, focusing on growth and proper education, I would never have suspected that all the energy and effort spent on trying out a new direction, it will bring great success.
SECRETARY KERRY: Ambassador David, thank you very much. Thanks for the great leadership of his over the years. Hello Vietnam. I am very happy to be here today, so happy to be back. It is an honor for me to be here with so many people were actually participate and contribute to the successful transformation and great is happening in Vietnam.
I will share a few memories with you. The first time when I go back to around 1990, this is a very different country. The United States and Vietnam are still deadlocked. Again there embargo and the two countries have not solved the problem of war remains. cloche jar Many of us have dreamed about it at the moment, but when I think about Vietnam, will not think about the war, but just think of a country where normal things cloche jar that any country has. I am very proud and excited to tell you that for me, today it represents the moment.
The last time I was in Vietnam cloche jar in 2000, along with President Bill Clinton. We arrived after the normalization of relations between the two countries took place and embargo that President Bush, George Herbert Walker Bush lifted a few years earlier. Some senators, including John McCain and I, have been involved in this process from the outset. There's still a lot of problems need to be addressed. We have the issue of prisoners of war / missing soldiers in the civil war that the United States across cloche jar the country felt disappointed very important. Of course, there is also the issue of Agent Orange and other chemicals in the Vietnam War.
I think no two countries have worked harder, do more and do better to try to come together, to change history and change the future brings a very different future now people away. There is still much to be achieved, much work to do. I will say a few words about this. I still remember arriving in Hanoi at that time, I see all the craters. Almost no motorcycles, bicycles and most are very few cars. There are no traffic lights in Hanoi, then any activity at all, only a few hotels. Hanoi is a place that time has been frozen in time.
No one is not surprised by a modern Vietnam. What has been going for over twenty years is staggering. I can say that this is not a random change cloche jar happen. It is the result of the commitment and vision of many people to be here in this room.
I want to thank David for the role as ambassador, and the work that the staff of the Embassy and consulates, diplomatic sector, civil sector, local staff and third countries. Everyone cooperated and worked very efficiently.
The relationship between the two countries has been growing as we continue to work together. We have the educational exchange program that we talked about today. And I believe that, really, Ambassador David himself was involved not only in one but I think the three educational exchange programs in Asia, which is just one example of the deep foundation and can Help contribute to this effort.
That's why the vision of educators and education are very important in this transformation. And I want to say to help the transition actually happens, I do not think any one can do more than the group of Tom Vallely and Ben Wilkinson, who is leading the efforts at Harvard University Vietnam, Economics Teaching Program Fulbright, a program which I am very proud to support the first of its role as Senator. We have set up and build this program into the largest Fulbright program in the world. Currently, I think that it is the second largest cloche jar program in the world and we have to consider doing it back first place if we continue to do this program. I want to thank Tom and Ben for all that they do and contribute to this shift.
I also want to thank the United cloche jar States Trade Association cloche jar and Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Vietnam has created a big difference here. Experience of AmCham in Vietnam has actually led to a new era of cooperation with bilateral trade agreement in 2001, joined the World Trade Organization WTO in 2007 and now we are negotiating agreement Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP). I will say a few words about it.
Please take a minute to think about this information: Bilateral trade has increased 50 times since 1995 today to $ 25 billion per nam.Va we're on a timely basis to meet the goal of doubling exports Ho

No comments:

Post a Comment